Sunday, August 30, 2009

Anticipatory Angst

What the heck am I thinking?

The thirty day challenge starts in two days.  If you noticed, my last 30 challenge stopped after almost three weeks.  What you don't know is that I sustained a heavy emotional trauma and plunged into shock and depression. 

Why do I bring this up?  Because historically (or maybe hysterically), I've always struggled in September.  I found out today that my mom and one of my brothers also struggles with September.  I'm not sure why they do, but for me I think it has to do with giving up the relative freedom of summer away from home, etc. and going back to a school where I was taunted and a home where I was emotionally, physically and sexually abused. 

I don't know if my thirty days of text challenge will make the full month, but I do need to kick my writing into gear and maybe it's the nudge I need to keep on keeping on.

We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment